FORTNITE'S ninth season is coming to a close already, and we've got our first glimpse at what's coming next.
A two-week event called Fourteen Days of Summer has been revealed, which looks likely to fill the gap between Season 9 finishing and Season 10 starting after the World Cup at the end of July.
That event will have 14 summery challenges for you to complete, and give you appropriately sunny rewards.
Alongside the challenges leaked with Fortnite update 9.30, a whole host of upcoming skins, emotes, loading screens and more have been found.
The eager code-hounds found 75 new cosmetics all in all, some of which will be coming to the store and some of which will be rewards for those and other challenges.
Among the highlights are Brite Bomber's fresh summery look, where she's donned a pair of Daisy Dukes and losing the undershirt for the summer season.
She's also getting a new Brite Board back Bling, which is shown off in a new loading screen along with the rest of the new look.
Beach balls and water balloon toys are on the way too, and these toys will tie into the summer challenges.
The water balloons will be a reward for managing 5 eliminations with the Drum Gun or "daily unvaulted weapon".
The Smoothie and Low & Slow back blings, Deep End emote, Soak it Up and Summertime Splashdown loading screen are also listed as rewards for those challenges, for now.
Challenges for 14 Days of Summer are believed to be as follows, according to reputable mining monkey Lucas7Yoshi:
- Complete all challenges - Smoothie
- Dance at six different beach parties - Deep End emote
- Bounce a giant beach ball in five different matches - Soak it Up loading screen
- Five eliminations with drum gun or daily unvaulted weapon - Water Balloons
- Thank the bus driver then finish in the top 20 five times - Smoothie spray
- Pop five party balloon decorations - Sun spray
- Search three unicorn floaties at swimming holes - Neon Tropics wrap
- Hit a player with a water balloon in three different matches - Summer Splashdown loading screen
- Bounce off a giant beach umbrella in three different matches - ?
- Score 250,000 trick points with a Driftboard with Neon Tropics applied to it - Surfstick Spray
- Launch three fireworks found along the river bank - Low & Slow gathering tool
- Get a score of 10 or more on a Carnival Clown Board - Beach Balls vapour trails
- Visit a giant beach umbrella and a huge rubber ducky in a single match - Rubber Duck back bling
- Search the hidden sea shell in the beach themed loading screen - Sparkles music
- Destroy grills with the Low n’ Slow Harvesting Tool - ?
How much money has Fortnite made so far?
FORTNITE has made more money than any computer game in history.
Since the Battle Royale mode was launched in 2017 it is estimated to have made around £3 billion.
Epic trousered a massive £1.9billion in 2018 from Fornite alone, making it the most successful 12 months for any game in history.
December 2018 saw Fortnite make £300 million, according to third-party analysts SuperData.
Epic doesn't release total month-by-month figures, but third parties have been pretty good at working out the amount spent on individual platforms and combining them.
For instance, players on iPhone and iPad were shelling out £1.25 million every day in 2018 after the iOS launch in March.
We're expecting the challenges to be released at the rate of one per day after season 9 comes to and end in the run-up to season 10.,
The strangest thing to leak in this batch of cosmetics is what looks to be a Death Stranding tribute.
A back bling held in place by thick yellow strapping, it contains a weird alien-baby-type-thing, suspended in green fluid.
Despite Death Stranding being a PS4 exclusive, there is no indication yet that this back bling will be locked to any one platform.
MOST READ IN GAMING
PLUMBER NEEDEDFirst pictures of Nintendo Switch Mini design 'leaked' by accessory maker
PENALTY SLOTEA defends Fifa Ultimate Team packs over claims they turn kids into gamblers
ROYALE FLUSHEDFortnite makers shocked by Prince Harry's call to ban 'addictive' game
NAME GAMEXbox now lets you choose any gamertag even if it's already taken
NEXT BOXPlayStation 5 rumours – here's what to expect from Sony's next Xbox rival
EVERYBODY WELCOMESims 4 Pride brings free rainbow outfits and gender-neutral bathrooms
I you want to read about the rest of the change in 9.3, then read our summary of the patch notes.
Don't forget to check our our round-up off today's item shop, or the news that one of Epic's former directors revealed he tried to cancel Fortnite long before the public ever saw it.
Source : https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/9320413/fortnite-update-930-leaked-cosmetics-days-summer-challenges/