Lindsey Buckingham Sues Remaining Fleetwood Mac Members Following Sudden Dismissal From Band

In a recent Twitter Q&A, Lindsey Buckingham admitted that he doesn’t miss being in Fleetwood Mac after being fired in 2018.

He was dismissed following the result of an ultimatum sparked by former bandmate Stevie Nicks, who allegedly holds a major distaste for Buckingham.

When asked if he “actually misses” being in the legendary band, the 69-year-old singer said:

“I can’t say that I ‘miss’ being in Fleetwood Mac, as I’ve been concentrating on fulfilling my own plans that were already in the works before the split happened.”

Following the official announcement of his departure in April, Buckingham was quick to get back to work on his solo career.

He released a compilation album, Solo Anthology: The Best of Lindsey Buckingham (2018) on Oct. 5 and launched into a full North American tour.

(L-R) Stevie Nicks, John and Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham and Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac at Radio City Music Hall on Jan. 26, 2018, in New York City.

Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images

Global News
Help us

improve Globalnews.ca

Global News Take the survey now!

Story continues below

READ MORE: Lindsey Buckingham sues Fleetwood Mac over dismissal from band

In the revealing Twitter session, Buckingham admitted he isn’t very inclined to the newest formation of Fleetwood Mac.

“In a sense, the situation is still too new to miss,” he wrote. “Especially since I don’t have much regard for the way the band is presenting itself now.”

Surprised at how much Buckingham was willing to say, fans egged him on a little more and asked for details regarding a lawsuit he filed against the band late last year, as well as the status of his relationship with former bandmate, Christine McVie.

I can’t say that I “miss” being in Fleetwood Mac, as I’ve been concentrating on fulfilling my own plans that were already in the works before the split happened. So, in a sense, the situation is still too new to miss… https://t.co/2qP57lCol9

— Lindsey Buckingham (@LBuckingham) January 6, 2019

especially since I don’t have much regard for the way the band is presenting itself now. What I'm sad about is the split completely dishonors the beautiful 43 year legacy we built together, one that was always about rising above our difficulties in order to pursue a higher truth.

— Lindsey Buckingham (@LBuckingham) January 6, 2019

Yes, I did hear from Christine not long after we reached a settlement. (She’s the only one I’ve heard from). Christine said she missed me very much, that FM wasn’t complete without me… https://t.co/Z7embDYrda

— Lindsey Buckingham (@LBuckingham) January 10, 2019

and said she felt that Stevie was very likely regretting having given the rest of the band the ultimatum that forced my departure. Perhaps wishful thinking on Christine’s part. In any case, it was great to hear from her, and I do hope we work together again down the line.

— Lindsey Buckingham (@LBuckingham) January 10, 2019

“Have you had any contact with Christine,” asked one user. “Yes,” he replied. “I did hear from Christine not long after we reached a settlement.”

Buckingham admitted that McVie was still the only member of the band he has actually heard from and added that she claimed to miss him. She even said Fleetwood Mac “wasn’t complete without” him.

He expressed a desire to work with McVie down the line and wrote “it was great to hear from her.”

Lindsey Buckingham & Christine McVie perform live at Budweiser Stage in Toronto, on July 5, 2017.

Mike Fowler / Mike Fowler Photography

READ MORE: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2019: Radiohead, Janet Jackson, Stevie Nicks among inductees

Buckingham was booted from Fleetwood Mac only two days after their MusiCares performance back in January. (They were being honoured as MusiCare’s Person of the Year in New York City.)

He received a call with the bad news from the band’s manager, Irving Azoff, and he allegedly said, “Stevie never wants to be on a stage with you again.”

Following reported arguments, Nicks also claimed he smirked during her acceptance speech at MusiCares.

Nicks reportedly gave the band an ultimatum: either he was out or she was. From that point on, Buckingham was cut out. He tried to reach out to his bandmates via calls and email but says he received no answers.

Lindsey Buckingham performing on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ on Oct. 1, 2018.

Randy Holmes via Getty Images

R

EAD MORE: Danny Kirwan, former Fleetwood Mac guitarist, dead at 68

Buckingham was replaced by Tom Petty’s Heartbreaker, Mike Campbell, and Neil Finn of Crowded House. They will share guitar duties, while Finn now acts as the replacement co-vocalist to sing alongside Nicks.

Following his dismissal from the band, Buckingham filed a lawsuit against former bandmates, Mick FleetwoodStevie NicksJohn McVie and Christine McVie.

The suit was specifically filed for “breach of oral contract, breach of fiduciary duty and intentional interference with prospective economic advantage.”

He claimed that he was still interested in touring with the band, otherwise he wanted his share of the tour revenues — which was estimated by Live Nation to be more than US$12 million per band member.

After an interview on CBS’ This Morning back in December, Buckingham revealed that the suit was resolved. He admitted he was “happy enough” with the settlement and that he wasn’t “out there trying to twist the knife.”

“I’m trying to look at this with some level of compassion, some level of wisdom,” he added.

Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac performs onstage at Radio City Music Hall on Jan. 26, 2018, in New York City.

Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for NARAS

READ MORE: Illness forces Fleetwood Mac to reschedule Alberta concerts at last minute

Although Buckingham finished his solo tour back in December, he’s planning on scheduling another run for 2019.

Excited to go back out on the road and play some shows in 2019. While we work out the details, where should we make sure to stop on the next tour? pic.twitter.com/05LbV3pm41

— Lindsey Buckingham (@LBuckingham) January 9, 2019

Fleetwood Mac are still on the road for their ‘In Concert’ tour. There are four remaining Canadian stops on the tour.

Tickets are available through the official Fleetwood Mac website.

Fleetwood Mac Canadian tour dates 2019

04/08 — Toronto, ON @ Scotiabank Arena

04/11 — Winnipeg, Man. @ Bell MTS Place

Source : https://globalnews.ca/news/4837672/lindsey-buckingham-on-fleetwood-mac/

Lindsey Buckingham ‘doesn’t miss’ being in Fleetwood Mac
Was Lindsey Buckingham Fired From Fleetwood Mac or Not? A Source Weighs In …
Latest Fleetwood Mac News
Update: Steely Dan’s Donald Fagen sues Walter Becker’s estate over ownership of the band’s name
Special Report: The final days and deals of Aubrey McClendon